Wednesday, December 14, 2011

blog 3!!

Teachers do not get enough credit as they should. The ones that should be running the world are teachers, and the ones who get paid the most should be teachers. Yes, an obvious reason why doctors get paid a lot is because they save the healths and the lives of many people. Just because that is an obvious reason, why can't people dig deeper and look more into other jobs and how they are impacting the world? For every homework assignment and project turned in, means the teacher has to grade that. For every class we enter, means every class and lesson that teacher has to prepare. For every e-mail received, means every answer the teacher has to give. For every brain muscle used to raise our hands as student and ask questions, means the same for the teacher to answer the question. Ultimately, for every hour spent as a student, means the same for the teacher. Sometimes students underestimate and do not give enough credit to the teachers because we either think they gave us an unreasonable grade, gave us too much homework, or did not call on you when you raised your hand. However we have to realize that most teachers do everything they do for a reason. They do not give homework just to do it, they do it because it helps their lesson plan and they obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, so they expect that in return. As a student I mainly think of myself and my teacher when I am in the class room. In other words, I worry about myself and how I do, and my relationship and interactions with the teacher. I definitely listen to what other people in the room have to offer, and I respect and like them, but I would assume every student in the class also thinks about themselves. But in reality there are 20 (or however many students) and one teacher. I think that teachers should get more credit than they do because they are being humane people every day of their lives. It is often enforced that your should pick a profession that you love and enjoy. I would think teachers do find pleasure in what they are doing, but it is also a generous choice to be a teacher. What I mean by that is teachers spend most hours of their day in order to help students, which is just such a nice thing to do. They spend their time making sure we understand things, and without teachers we would not get far in life. We need more experienced and more educated people to pass on wisdom to future generations in order to "keep up" society, and that is what teachers are doing. They are working with us to learn both life lessons and textbook lessons. Teachers are donating their time and energy into helping other people. I think that sports players for example get more attention than they should. I agree sports are fun to watch, and watching sports is engaging and social. But why is it fair for someone who is not helping the world in any way when there is so much help needed to get paid millions of dollars a year? Sports players obviously do work hard but I feel like people are getting paid for talents, and not for the impact they are making on other people. Personally I would rather get paid millions of dollars for playing a sport I love for a living. That is the obvious, selfish, and ideal option, which is why I think teachers are so great because they are not being selfish at all in fact they are being benevolent, smart, and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment