Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BLOG 2

Given that there was already a lot of poverty in Haiti, how much more poverty did the earthquake cause? To address this question I went to proquestk12.com and then I clicked the library resource. Once I clicked a broad source I went to advanced search and searched poverty in Haiti earthquake, and clicked the third link, which was a written document mostly written by a Haitian citizen. This information tells me about poverty before Haiti and how the government was not at its' best, the country as a whole was the poorest in the hemisphere, and they relied a lot on foreign support. This document tells me that shortly after the earth quake had swept away homes and every day essentials, there were problems. The number of toilets went down, fresh water quality and quantity decreased, and disease spread. It states that now in 2011, Haiti still needs to fix the hygiene problems, and sustain a stable and helpful government, and continue to have hope. This would apply to my topic and would help me write an essay because  it tells me about before the earth quake which is essential to know because you need to have some knowledge about why an earth quake would specifically happen then and there. It also has a first hand experiencer updating us about what is happening in Haiti in this year, 2011, and what we can do for the near future. What they and we need to do now is reconstruct, employ workers, maintain faith, and not only do other countries need to aid and create organizations, but the Haitians need to act themselves! I chose this source because it was reliable (had a true bibliography) and it was in an advanced search under library documents. It would certainly help me write an essay about poverty in Haiti, and it is a reliable and informative cite.

No comments:

Post a Comment